Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

A New Medium

I should really work on improving my skills in photography before adding video, but it is just so cool. HD Video is a feature I haven't really used on my camera, and for some reason in the gusty winds today I decided to give it a whirl.  My biggest accomplishment for the day was grasping exactly how far I have to go and how much I have to learn.  Out of all the 10 to 200 second clips I took today this was the best one...


Biggest lessons from the day -

Tripod - Handheld 400mm lens taking video is simply not possible.
Setup - Video is clearly not for quick snatches - everything that goes into making a memorable photo seems to be even more important for video.
Sound - The cameras built in mic just isn't going to cut it.  These eagles were squawking away and you can barely here them over the wind in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment